Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Spy Little Eyes

A gift for you the week before Thanksgiving: a game.

Below is a picture of part of my desk. Let’s play a game of “I-Spy.” See if you can find something that doesn’t belong.
(I didn’t know I was doing this, otherwise I would’ve cleaned my desk. So there might be multiple things that don’t belong  ;] )









We’ll zoom in a bit and look closer. How about now?







Give up? I have officially been a VISTA in Spartanburg 92 days. I thought I had met most everyone at my worksite by now. However, today I met Ferdinand.










Yes he is a small green gecko. Part of me hopes he has a British accent like in the Geico commercials. The other part hopes he just doesn’t scurry into my mouth like in the new Parent Trap.
As if working at a boys’ home isn’t exciting enough, now I have another distraction. While I’m writing this, he is slinking carefully around the cups. Looks like I’m going to have to share my desk… J




5 comments:

  1. Stop it. This is amazing, Badger. Wow. You even quoted parent trap. I mean, how could this be better? You rock.

    Apart from that...WOAH! That little guy really is there, just hanging out around your stuff? Bah! Are you scared? That's crazy!

    Hope the rest of your day is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would name him...just like you named all those cockroaches freshman year! Even if they were all named Sam and Destiny. :)
    I hope you and Ferdinand get along well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FERDINAND IS THE SHIZ.

    I'm so glad you have a gecko on your desk. It would not be a proper gap year without a random gecko.

    Love you, Badge-Badge! (You're the shiz too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for giving the guy such a noble name. Does he save you 15% or more on car insurance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish! I would just be happy if he saved me from the heart attack I had when I saw him! I love how this is the most popular blog entry... maybe I need to find more animals to be a part of my blog. We do have a lot of spiders...

    PS-Katie, yes I was scared, but considering I am surrounded by lots of boys, the feminist in me was determined to be brave. And Ferdinand is kind of cute.

    PPS-Thanks Destiny. You're the shiz too ;)

    ReplyDelete