Thursday, August 9, 2012

One Year Later





Some of the boys and staff watching an Olympic Swimming event
The bulletin board I made for the Olympics complete with TV schedule and local athlete bios (I really like the Olympics; can you tell? )


I hope that everyone is having a lovely summer!

 

Wow! It’s hard to believe that it’s been one year since I was at PSO. It only feels like it when I think about the clients at the boys’ home who are no longer here and how I was before this whole experience. I feel as though I have grown in more ways than I even know and I am excited about what other growth opportunities lie ahead in Charleston! 


My last day at Glenn Springs Academy is Friday August 10th. Next I head to Charleston for a meeting on the 13th and then with all of my belongings on the 17th. The Vistas in Charleston will arrive on the 27th with gives me and my co-leader a good week of prep. 


Whew! I’m exhausted just thinking about it J

 


I would like to provide you with a wrap-up of my experience in Spartanburg but am going to wait and debrief next week before the move. As far as the other details, God has provided me with an encouraging group of ladies with whom I will share a house in North Charleston close to Charleston Southern (I hear it’s the Samford of the area). 


I know the next few days are going to be difficult as there are too many goodbyes (especially to the boys). But just this week, there have been so many blessings sent my way. Please say a little prayer for me as I endure this transition while preparing for the excitement yet to come. 


Sending you lots of love and hugs from Spartanburg! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment