Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Day in the Life

First, this being national AmeriCorps Week, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention a few stats.
Annually, AmeriCorps (NCCC, VISTA, State, etc) programs:

·         Engage more than 80,000 members (7,000 of these being VISTAs)
·         Serve 15,000 local and national organizations
·         Mobilize 3.4 million volunteers
·         Members leverage $480 million in donations (both cash & in-kind)


For more information about AmeriCorps programs, visit www.americorps.gov (and be sure to check out the VISTA program, which is what I am doing).

Now onto the story…


This week, I was asked to be the guest blogger on the Vistas in the Piedmont blog. Continuing the theme of writing about a typical day at work, I describe a day for me working at Glenn Springs Academy. For time’s sake, I left out several of the more exciting experiences and my hysterical interactions with clients, which I hope to post more of on my Twitter page. Here is the story. Enjoy!

Keep those questions coming as I will answer them soon!

2 comments:

  1. CHICA. Lookatchu making official field reports! So fantastic. It made me grin like a loon when you mentioned Walk the Moon and Broken Bells. And HUNGER GAMES. I swear, it felt like you were in the same room talking about your day. Love you, lady. Keep up the fantastic work! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. BADGER. You are so professional and yet still so YOU. Organizing fundraisers while listening to the HP soundtrack--love it!

    ReplyDelete