Thursday, October 3, 2013

I am here.

Birmingham-- The Magic City

So I’m here. What’s next?

This is how I've felt the past few weeks.

We moved all of my stuff back to Alabama and I’m getting settled here in the Ham. I have enjoyed getting to see folks I have missed during my time in the Carolinas.

But it is also surreal.  Being in the town where I lived while in school. I feel like I've changed so much and some of it hasn't. It’s almost like the past 2 years did not happen.

But they did. I met some amazing folks and received the opportunity to serve in 2 amazing communities. I miss them both.

But I know that I am here for a reason. It has not been without  great difficultly that I have trusted this. I was “letting go and letting God,” but was recently reminded of the inaccuracy of this statement. My job is not to sit back and watch how this thing unfolds like a viewer of my own life story. I want to be a part of it! 
So I carry on; hopeful in this new direction and opportunity for growth.

I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to work for this company out of Charleston right here in AL. I’m excited about making connections and getting more involved in this community.

Plus I have a birthday in a few weeks! I only bring this up as I am planning some things to celebrate this milestone. Will you join me? Periodically in October I will be asking for help compiling “25 things” lists and other topics here. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the support!

Hope and excitement for the future. That’s Why I am still smiling
How about you?

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." --MLK

No comments:

Post a Comment